Thursday 20 September 2012

Risk Reduction

One profound element you have brought to my attention, was that of risk reduction, while letting profits run. I have been aware of this concept for some time, however was struggling to incorporate this in my K2A sniper strategy. I know now it was about me resisting and not wanting to take a risk in trying new things. I figured the 1 to 1 reward risk ratio would do me just fine, that I would master this, and patience will get me there in the end. Funny as it is, but I am the least patient person I know! 
 
You also touched on issues of trusting and believing in my trading success. Since joining K2A, my belief in my trading success has grown incredibly, however there are moments that my trading is affected by my stupid lapse of greed and hunger for money, and yes I pay the price!!!! There are many lessons I have learnt from this trading experience, and I trust myself that this will not happen again. 
  
Early days I know, but the beautiful thing about this style of trading for me was the risk free trade opportunity that existed in a very short amount of time. It gave me a great sense of relief knowing that I was in control of risk reduction. What I also gained from this was that my focus was on risk management as opposed to profits gained in money. Trading this style has HUGE psychological benefits for me.  Focusing on mastering the management of a trade, is so much healthier than focusing on the money, and I can see the potential for greater success in my trading.  

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment