Wednesday 29 August 2012

 

I have had a very successful time in trading. The reason I came back here today is not only to refresh my skills that I’ve been using but also to ensure that I pick up anything I didn’t pick up on the first time and I think that a continued learning is a really important part of keeping the momentum of trading and success of trading as well.

It can be a very lonely business trading, so if I can get out and meet people, that’s very important and to keep that momentum and motivation for me in trading otherwise it’s very lonely as you’re just sitting at your desk pressing a few buttons. I do like to get out.

I’m currently trading my pension. I’m trading my ISA’s and I’m trading Forex as well.

I’ve doubled my pension – since March, actually, I’ve doubled my pension. Not that I had a particularly huge amount in there, but for me, on a percentage level it’s significant.

I think the technical analysis allows you to know exactly when to be in and to get out.

I prefer to trade my own pension because no one else is going to be able to keep an eye on it as much as I am. So having the skills I’ve learnt over the past two or three years with Knowledge to Action that has been able to give me the skill knowledge to manage that.

The most important thing I have learnt over the past year that has been reinforced again and again when I’ve been back is risk management.

You want to be coming back another day. You will always have losses, guaranteed, so it is about keeping your options open and making sure that you only risk a small amount. The 1% is fantastic way of managing your account.

Pat Murphy 2009

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment